- Registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am listed on the BACP Register. This register is also accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Member of The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
I conduct my counselling practice within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, and also the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions Supplementary Guidance: Working Online (GPiA 047). Information relating to both of these documents can be found at www.bacp.co.uk. I also adhere to ACTO's Code of Ethics.
If at any point within your counselling you feel that I am in breach of these codes of ethics, I would hope that you feel comfortable enough to discuss this with me and that we could find a resolution to the situation. If we were unable to do so, I will provide you with contact details where you could express your concerns directly to the BACP or ACTO.
I have worked with clients from a wide range of backgrounds and of all ages and I have the fullest commitment to offering a service which is welcoming to everyone in a supportive and non-discriminatory manner.
- Private Practice in Croydon and Online for adults 18 and over - counselling, EMDR and clinical supervision.
- Affiliated with Victim Support Homicide Team in London offering face to face counselling to people who have been affected by a murder or manslaughter.
- Affiliated with several Employee Assistance Programmes including Health Assured, Care first, Workplace Options and
- Lead School Counsellor in a secondary school in Croydon.
- Online Counsellor with Talklife Connect (2016)
- Locum School Counsellor in a secondary school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich (2016)
- School Counsellor at a secondary school in Bromley (2015-2016)
- Counsellor at Bromley Community Counselling Service (2015-2016)
- Counsellor at Evolve Housing + Support (formerly South London YMCA) (2014-2016)
- Counsellor in a primary school in Croydon working for Place2Be (2013-2014)
- Counsellor for Carers Support Merton in Mitcham (2013-2015)
- Introductory Certificate in Trauma Therapy (due to complete in February 2019)
- Foundation Trauma Day (completed May 2018)
- Working with Traumatised Children (completed September 2018)
- Severe and Complex Trauma and Dissociation (completed October 2018)
- Attachment, Attachment Disorder, Trauma and Recovery (due to complete in February 2019)
- EMDR Level 1 (EMDR Academy - 2018)
- Certificate in Approaches to Counselling Children and Young People (Aim Awards - 2018)
- Certificate in Online Counselling Skills (OCST Online Counselling Services & Training - 2016)
- Couples Counselling Course (Pamela Nell Associates - 2016)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision (Pamela Nell Associates - 2016)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB - 2015)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB - 2013)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB - 2012)
- Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills (CPCAB - 2012)
Additional courses, events, and workshops I have attended recently
- Couples Counselling Skills Course (Online Course)
- Solution Focused Therapy (Online course)
- BACP Private Practice Conference - Identity - Can you tell me who I am? (Conference)
- Domestic Violence - based on the Freedom Programme (Workshop)
- OCTIA 2017 - Being a smart counsellor in a digital world – apps, platforms and ethics (Conference)
- Working with Children and Young people: Self Harm, Eating Disorders and LGBT Community (Online Traning)
- Working with Disordered Eating (Workshop)
- BACP Private Practice Conference - Relationships, why do we bother? (Conference)
- BACP Webinar - OCTIA 2016 - Relationational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy (Conference)
- Anxiety (Workshop)
- Love and Intimacy (Workshop)
- Eros in the Counselling Room (Workshop)
- The Spectrum of Narcissim (Workshop)
- The Hidden Taboo - sexual abuse by females (Workshop)
- Loss of Innocence - childhood sexual abuse (Workshop)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Workshop)
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance (Course)
- Complex Trauma (Workshop)